Summer Update 2023
Bunch of quality-of-life changes, bug fixes, and exciting new additions to KLASH!
By Tim Börjesson
Head of Design|3 August, 2023|2 min read
Compare Any File, Side by Side
We have expanded our comparison feature even further by letting users compare any type of file in a split-screen view. You can for example compare the concept art with the final product so that you can provide feedback more efficiently.
Here's what the comparison tool is capable of:
Comparing different video versions? Yes!
Comparing concept art next to the final product? Yes!
Comparing videos, images, live streams, pdfs, and sound? Everything works!
Even better, you can now compare files with your colleagues by joining a sync room. Give it a try.
You can now quickly search for files in a folder by simply typing in a folder. Note that this feature only searches for things in the folder you're currently in, meaning it's meant for finding something quickly in an abundance of files.
Pro and Team plan users can now enjoy a brand new user management list where you can manage all users who are part of your teams and projects. It allows you to overview and remove users from any of your teams or projects. If you want even more user management features, you can always look into our fully-featured Enterprise-plan.
Bug Fixes and Quality-of-Life
The summer update includes tons of bug fixes and quality-of-life changes that we hope you will appreciate. 😀
- Improved video scrubbing performance.
- The live stream UI is now clearer and more intuitive.
- Added shortcuts for editing watermark presets.
- Added the option to stretch watermark images over the entire asset.
- Simplified the UI in the project member list.
- Split-screen in comparison mode can now be resized.
- Added opacity sliders to the project background and company portal background.
- WebM can now be used as a company portal background.
- GIF and WebP are now playable on the platform. They can now also be used as profile pictures and backgrounds. Note that for company portals we recommend WebM as it has better quality and faster loading time.
- The subscription screen now shows the consumption period.
- Added billing notifications.
- Enterprise: All billable users are now visible on the company users screen.
- Fixed issues with the sync feature that caused users to not follow when uploading a new version.
- Fixed time not correctly resetting when switching files.
- Fixed layout problems when copying lots of files.
- Fixed the FTP window close button not working properly.
- Fixed a bug where you could pause live streams for all viewers.
- Fixed contrast problems with some text.
- Fixed instances where long names would break the UI.
- Fixed the UI sometimes crashing when editing a share.
- Fixed layout problems in mobile view.
- Fixed the reset button not working correctly on marker colors in the filter menu.
- Fixed a bug that caused private projects to not count toward maximum subscription seats.
- Fixed live stream recordings incorrectly displaying "LIVE".
More from us
20 February, 2024 | 3 min
Precise Playback Playlist
View multiple videos in a row with just a click
5 February, 2024 | 6 min
Behind the Scenes of Antikrundan: SVT's Journey with KLASH Technology
18 January, 2024 | 2 min
New Activity on KLASH
Get notified of activity and never miss a beat with this new Activity feature for all your files!
29 November, 2023 | 2 min
KLASH now has support for spanned markers